The C-A-T Combat Application Tourniquet is designed to completely occlude blood flow in an extremity to treat traumatic hemorrhage. The C-A-T uses a windlass system with an internal free-moving band to provide true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once bleeding is stopped, a hook/loop retention strap secures the tourniquet and maintains the pressure.
The patented Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) featuring the proprietary red tip design and the mechanical advantage of a band within a band has been the Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army since 2005. The patented C-A-T is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- True, one-handed application tourniquet
- Quickly controls life-threatening extremity bleeding
- Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care
- Designed to perform in all weather conditions
- Small and cost-effective
- Windlass rod is twice as strong as before with an increased diameter and improved grip
- Reinforced windlass clip & highly visible security tab includes a writeable area to record the time of application
- A red elliptical tip assists user in locating and threading during application
- Awarded as one of the Top 10 Greatest Inventions by the U.S. Army
- Official Tourniquet of the U.S. Army
- Used by both conventional and Special Operation forces
- Proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research
- Packaged: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Open Length: 37.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz